Point Loma High School Pointer Association
• Is a 501c3 public benefit corporation (a non-profit organization)
• Has the following Mission: to develop and provide the resources
for enhancing the educational environment of Point Loma High School, with
a goal of building Pointer Pride for generations past, present and future
• Is guided by an elected Board
of Directors and elected officers
• Was formed in the year 2000 by the merger of the original alumni
association, the original foundation and a community-based fundraising
organization known as Point Loma 2000. Read about our merger here (please
scroll to page 10).
• Has been designated by the school as its sole adult fundraising
organization. Thus the school’s leadership and administrative staff
benefit from the streamlining and convenience of having a single point
of contact for all adult school-related fundraising activities. In addition,
they can keep separate, and account more easily for, outside fundraising
on behalf of PLHS.
• Conducts fundraising activities and events to raise
money to support capital campaigns and ongoing initiatives (called Pointer
• Maintains a database of PLHS alumni so we can help
them stay connected with their alma mater and classmates, and so that reunion
can find them with news of reunion events. If you are an alum please keep
us informed of your current contact information including your email address.
Link to Database.
• Serves as the umbrella group for 12 Booster
Groups, each of which
has its own elected officers.
• Seeks to help Point Loma community members to connect with their
High School to increase PLHS’s value as a community asset.
• Organizes social events for Alumni
• Provides informational support to Reunion Committees